Thursday, March 19, 2015

Greiving Is A Natural Response to Illness, Don't Be Ashamed!







This is the one thing I have heard most often when telling people about my fibromyalgia. "Hey, at least it's not cancer or MS or heart disease, etc." Boy, you are right, at least it isn't cancer. Let me not grieve because I got so lucky that it isn't cancer. Telling people not to grieve over their illness because it could be worse is like telling someone not to be joyful because other people have it better than them. It makes absolutely no sense! "Don't be sad about your cat dying little Billy because little Sally lost her dog this morning". "Now don't you be angry about loosing your husband because so-and-so lost their mom". "Don't be happy about winning the jackpot on the keno machine because someone else won the lottery." "Don't rejoice in your healthy, happy child because someone else's child is healthier and happier." You see, life doesn't work that way. So, please stop telling me I should be happy because I don't have cancer.
- With Love From Every #Spoonie Ever

No comments:

Post a Comment