Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Essential Oils and Natural Products





I decided to dab a little into essential oils after visiting the acupuncturist. I am a bit skeptical of the uses for them, but they are all natural and I am always willing to try things that might help, even just a little bit. The way I see it is that humans have been relying on such plants and oils for centuries and have been using them for their medicinal and psychotherapeutic properties for a very long time. After years and years of use, we began adding more and more chemicals to natural products hoping to make them better or more effective, but do we really need all of those extra chemicals? Maybe fibromyalgia and other conditions are made worse, or even caused by the thousands and thousands of synthetic chemicals found in everyday things. I do not know about you all, but I did a boat ton of cleaning as a child, and I used so many chemical filled cleaning products that it gives me anxiety just thinking about it. No gloves, no mask, no precautions what-so-ever, in a small bathroom or kitchen with no ventilation, scrubbing away with 409, bleach, and many, many other corrosive and chemically enhanced products. So, does this have anything to do with the many conditions I now live with? I really do not know and cannot say, but I do know that I wouldn't let my child breath half of the stuff I did as a child. Not saying my parents were wrong in any way, but now we just know better.

What does this have to do with essential oils? Well, they have so many uses that it is almost unbelievable. Lemon, orange, and acidic oils are well known to destroy bacteria, fungus, worms, etc. They are commonly used in many cleaning products, but some companies add dozens, if not hundreds, of synthetic chemicals to their products. Do they really need to? Probably not, but they are always looking for something bigger and better than the next guy. Melaluca is a company that I used to order all of my cleaning and personal products from because they were all natural, frequently using the melaluca essential oil in their products. They did not always smell as good as the brand name products, but they were just as effective. I really enjoyed their products, but they were a little on the expensive side especially if you were not a "preferred" customer. To become a preferred customer you had to order so many products every single month to keep your status. If you didn't you lost your "preferred" customer status and ended up paying much more for the same products. In the long run, we simply could not afford to order as many products as it was required, but it is a great brand if you are looking for natural products. Here is a link to their site: https://www.melaleuca.com/

For simple essential oils I found that Eden's Garden was a great place to shop. They sell the basic essential oils with a huge variety at a great price. They also sell carrier oils, aromatherapy, and diffusers, and other accessories. The website is clean and looks great, it is easy to navigate, and they have bunches of different gift sets that you can send to your loved ones. I ordered a set that I could customize myself including several basic essential oils like lavender, lemon grass, blood orange, cedar wood, and ylang ylang. They also carry synergy blends, which are combinations of pure essential oils that have specific effects. I ordered quite a few of these and I am eager to try out. One of which is called "Head Ease" that is made up of several different essential oils and is supposed to relieve pain and evoke relaxation. You can dab some on your temples or place a few drops on a warm towel and place over your forehead. Others can help you sleep or breath better. If you are interested in ordering essential oils I highly recommend Eden's Gardens found here: http://www.edensgarden.com/

What are your favorite essential oils and where do you get them from?

Do you have any blends that you recommend?

Have essential oils worked for you? What for?


I look forward to hearing about your experiences.

-Aimee

No comments:

Post a Comment